Among our patients, dental implants are quickly becoming the first choice for the replacement of missing or severely damaged teeth. Dental implants are composed of titanium posts, which can fuse to the jawbone over a short period of time to perform like an artificial tooth root. Once healed, a natural-looking porcelain crown or bridge can be placed on top of the implant(s) to replace either a single tooth, or a series of adjacent teeth. Several dental implants can also be used to support and stabilize upper and/or lower dentures for improved function, comfort, and confidence. Dr. Bryan Horak is extensively trained and experienced in the planning and restoration of dental implants and uses advanced technology to assist him in creating high-quality results.
If you are considering dental implants, we invite you to learn more about them by exploring the informative sections provided below.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental Implants offer many important advantages over traditional methods of tooth replacement:
- Dental implants preserve jawbone density that quickly diminishes when tooth roots are lost.
- More healthy tooth material can be saved with dental implants because teeth adjacent to the gap do not have to be prepared for crowns.
- Implant supported crowns, bridges, and dentures look, feel, and function much like natural teeth.
- Dental implants can replace ill-fitting removable dentures, partials, and bridges to enhance chewing capabilities and comfort by providing a fixed, stable tooth replacement alternative.
- Durable and stain-resistant, dental implant restorations can provide long-lasting results when oral health is properly maintained.
- Upkeep requires only brushing, flossing, and regularly scheduled dental visits—just like your natural teeth.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants?
For those interested in dental implants, it is important to schedule a consultation with Dr. Horak to determine whether this restorative technique is indeed the right option for replacing missing teeth. Generally speaking, candidates for dental implants must have good oral and overall health, adequate jawbone density, and be capable of proper healing. If necessary, Dr. Horak can recommend preparatory procedures to treat areas of disease in the mouth and/or enhance bone structure to improve the possibility of candidacy.
The Dental Implant Process
Dr. Horak uses a team approach when treating patients with implant dentistry to achieve the highest quality results. First, he performs the initial treatment-planning phase with you. Next, Dr. Horak works together with a skilled specialist who surgically places your implants and monitors the healing phase of treatment. Lastly, Dr. Horak performs the final design and fabrication of the restoration and supervises the preventive maintenance phase of treatment.
Dental Implant Results
Patients who go through the dental implant process with Dr. Horak are typically thrilled with the natural-looking, long-lasting results they achieve. If you have missing teeth or are not satisfied with your old dentures, implants can restore your mouth to a healthier, more comfortable, and more functional condition while creating a rejuvenated appearance.
For more information about dental implants, please contact our practice to schedule an appointment with Dr. Horak. A member of our team will be happy to connect with you and answer any questions you may have.