What is Nitrous Oxide?
Nitrous Oxide, also known as “laughing gas” is a commonly used sedative which can help you stay calm and comfortable while undergoing dental treatments. Nitrous Oxide can be administered to healthy patients through a breathing mask and inhaled by the patient throughout the treatment.
Parkway Family Dentistry is proud to offer Nitrous Oxide to patients in our office. When you are given laughing gas, you should become more relaxed and have limited memory of your procedure. This can be a valuable benefit for those who find themselves very uncomfortable or afraid of undergoing necessary dental treatments.
Benefits of Nitrous Oxide:
- The laughing gas starts to work very quickly
- It is safe for children
- It can help relax an overly sensitive gag reflux
- There are no side effects to your heart, lungs or other organs
- The after-effects are minimal and won’t disrupt the rest of your day
- The intensity of the gas can be adjusted at any time based on your comfort